1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVDR75 Region Hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Andrew Stratton, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Andrew Stratton

Andrew Stratton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering buying a Philips DVDR75. Is there a handset hack to make it multiregion or do I need to buy a professionally modified one? Also will it record OK with a KT Vision Smart Lead?

Thanks

2. aahannes

aahannes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just do it the same way as for the dvdr70
    Make sure you don´t skip any of the steps !
    (Copyright by Tafsir)

---------

1)Via the "System" button on your Philips remote, on your recorder (no disk in recorder), change the "Remote control used" from "DVD Recorder" to "DVD Player". Store it. (This is IMPORTANT!)

: 2)On your Philips remote press Play 159
    The display on the recorder should now change to eleven dashes.

: 3) Still using your PHILIPS remote, tap in 121 212 005 255 (the last few digits will NOT be visible on screen but they WILL be there). Now press "Play" on your PHILIPS remote.

: 4)Power down your recorder, wait a few seconds and Voila!!. You now have a region-free beastie!!

: 5)..Via the "System" button on your Philips remote, on your recorder (no disk in recorder), change the "Remote control used" from "DVD Player" to "DVD Recorder". Store it.

3. nojh007

nojh007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used the hack above on a DVDR980 a year or so ago and it worked a treat. However I suffered the commom optical pick-up problem and returned it to be fixed. When I got it back it had been re-flashed with the latest code release. Now the hack does not work.

Step 2) does not lead to the eleven dashes. Any suggestions?