philips dvdr75 firewire

R

robpiggott

hi

i have read the manual and can see no mention about firewire connection or how to set it up. i have a panasonic ds35 dv camcorder and when i connect it to the dvd recorder it says no signal. any ideas why. i am using a 4pin to 4 pin cable.

rob

A

ammar

Hate to state the obvious but,

1 - Are the cables connected nice and proper?
2 - Is the DVDR75 on the correct input signal channel, I believe this is CAM something
3 - Good quality cables?
I have always used this linking method and it gives you the date as a subtitle, quite nifty I think.

R

robpiggott

i think your third suggestion maybe the downfall here. i got a 4pin to 4 pin cable off ebay quite cheap and that maybe the problem. im sure they are all securely connected and when i tried via the phono method all worked fine. any suggestions where i could get a quality cable from.

rob

iamthenewno2

Standard Member
The connection should be Cam2 on the 75. The one thing I noticed, I have a Sony DV so don't know if it will be the same on your Panny, was that the 75 showed no signal until I pressed play on the DV and this still didn't work until I set the DV menu to allow DV-Out.

Hope this helps, unfortunatly I am still learning this stuff myself.

R

robpiggott

found out its a crappy firewire cable i bought from some con merchant in hong kong via ebay, gonna do all i can to get my monie back or he is gonna feel the wrath of my loss!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom