Philips Dvdr70

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rmax11, Nov 2, 2004.

1. rmax11

rmax11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone please help me!!!

I'm rather new to all this, another newbie, but i have a problem with my dvdr70.

I have connected it to my Sky top box as it says in the manual, and other threads on here, but i am unable to get any sound when i record from sky but the picture on playback is perfect.

My tv is connected to ext1 an the top box to ext2 but still no sound.

Many thanks in anticipation.

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

Although I have a Philips, I do not have Sky, so I may not be a load of help to you.
    I would suggest checking your audio settings both on the Sky box and DVDR70 to see you have the right audio output/input.
    Otherwise, your scart cable may be faulty but I doubt it.
    If you are still having problems, check out a site called www.dvdplusrw.org as they are very good with the machines that support the + format.

Good luck

3. jamdoughnuts

jamdoughnuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are you getting sound from the dvd player when you play a disc?

have you tried connecting you scart from your skybox direct to your tv to see if you get sound?

make sure your select ext2 as your input on the dvr70.

4. rmax11

rmax11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both for your advice.

Have now got sound and am able to record onto disc. Only problem seems to be that whilst watching and listening through my surround sound system , i can only get sound from the left hand side speakers. Is this because this recorder does not operate in 5.1 only 2.0?

Many thanks for previous hel again.