Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

philips dvdr70 sound synch problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by soswin, Feb 24, 2004.

1. soswin

soswin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been getting sound synch problems when playing some DVDs / VCDs on my philips dvdr70. Had to switch to my PS2 for playing Dog Soldiers. Strange thing is it doesnt seem to effect programs I've recorded. Any one else experienced this? Its only a week old so I'll probably take it back.

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,765
    How much did you pay for your DVDR70? I bought my DVDR75 from Richer Sounds a month ago, multi-region for £240. If you payed more I'd take it back and get the DVDR75 instead, has the i-link added;) .
    Oh, and I've been well impressed with my Philips DVDR75 so far:clap: , no problems with sound synch here!!

3. robpiggott

robpiggott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tet

have you updated the firmware and how can you tell when philips release new firmware.

rob

4. soswin

soswin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paid £278 from John Lewis, 2 year warranty though. I put the latest firmware on a few days ago, not sure if theres another update out yet. Seems great at recording ( I like the sat feature so it records what you autoview on sky ) just the odd DVD plays back with the synch problem.

5. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,765

6. robpiggott

robpiggott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    updated the firmware in mine using the download from philips support. all went fine and to be honest i didn't use the recorder before this so i dont know if there are any improvements or not. also got mine form richer sounds but with the 3 year warranty bearing in mind the negative reviews on philips dvd recorder in the past after six months use...only time will tell and if i dont use it then i can get me £30 back!!

rob

7. BKATZ

BKATZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Interesting,

I have had the same problem with a few discs, & thought it was the disc!

(I have done the firmware upgrade)

Anyone got any other ideas?

B.

8. soswin

soswin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a replacement from john lewis, the new one doesnt have the same problem. Interestingly this one came with the latest firmware where as the last one needed upgrading.

9. soswin

soswin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now the replacement is having problems, this time with "wrong turn". Piece of cr*p. I know its not the disks as they play ok on my PS2. I'm going to get a refund, get a sony or panasonic instead.

10. soswin

soswin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been using a panasonic E50 for about a week now, I prefer it to the philips. Playback of DVD's is better, so far no synch problems. Recording quality seems the same, the philips would be good if they could just sort out these faults.