1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVDR70 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 227 BHA, Jul 23, 2004.

1. 227 BHA

227 BHA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno if any of you out there can help -

I was playing a disc in my dvdr70 last night and was flicking thru the chapters when the disc seemed to get stuck at the start of a chapter(21).
    I took the disc out and reloaded it but it just comes back at the same place - chapter 21 shows on display but there is just the background picture and it wont start playing, in fact none of the controls work - stop, fwd, rev, menus nothing.
    The philips has this memory on it that when you reload a disc it always remembers where you were last time which normally is fine but it keeps taking me back to this same place.
    The disc is fine as it plays on another machine its just the philips keeps wanting to start where it left off last time the disc was in - is there any way of turning this memory off or getting it unstuck.

Other discs all work fine in the philips and as I said this particular disc works fine in other machines

Any ideas?

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Try resetting your machine, first with a soft reset, and if that does not work try a Hard Reset.

To do a Soft Reset; remove the power plug and wait 30 seconds before re-plugging.

For a hard reset remove the power plug and while restoring the power hold in the Standby button. You will then need to enter all your settings again.

3. 227 BHA

227 BHA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Done that, cheers - hard reset worked a treat!

I was worried that by resetting everything the machine would no longer be multi-region but luckily everything else had to be reset but it remains M/R and working fine

Thanks again :thumbsup: