Philips DVDR70 Multi Region

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PWD, Dec 8, 2004.

1. PWD

PWD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw instructions yesterday ( :oops: why didn't you print them off then??) to make a Philips DVDR70 multi region. It involved changing one of the settings, without a disk, from this to that, doing something else, saving it and then changing back again. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I want to include them in with the present I've just bought from Amazon (£159.99 + free delivery!!). :lease: Thanks

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

I know this can be done by changing something in the menu's but I do not know which one! Your best bet is to visit www.dvdplusrw.org and ask the same question, as this deals mainly with Philips machines and others that use the +R/RW format.

Good luck.

3. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Or try videohelp.com. I don't have the DVDR70 so cannot testify that the hacks there will work.

4. PWD

PWD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. Did some lateral thinking and went back through my 'History' pages and came up with http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/548873/ref=ed_qpe_dp_1_1/026-2010474-7118824 Result. :clap:
    The text reads, "DVDR70
    1. Switch on DVD recorder and make sure no disc is in the tray
    2. Press the "SYSTEM" button on the remote control
    3. Change the "REMOTE CONTROL USED" from "DVD RECORDER" to "DVD PLAYER"
    4. Store this change (important)
    5. On the remote control press "PLAY,1,5,9" (the display on the recorder will now display 11 dashes)
    6. Now, using the remote enter the following 121 212 005 255 (last few digits won't appear on the screen - but don't worry)
    7. Press "PLAY" on the remote
    8. Switch off the recorder and wait for a few seconds
    Switch recorder back on and using the remote control press the "SYSTEM" button. Change "REMOTE CONTROL USED" back to "DVD Recorder". Remember to store this change" :lesson:
    Now we know.