Philips DVDR70 DVD+RW Finalisation?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cyber_who, Feb 13, 2005.

1. cyber_who

cyber_who

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My father in-law has the Philips DVDR70 recorder, I am having trouble playing back disks he has recorded onto DVD+RW disks.
    From what he says these are not finalised on the Philips, is this true? If so I guess thats the cause of the problem.

Is there anyway to finalise DVD+RW disks on the Philips machines?
    I am trying to play them back on my Toshiba RD-XS32.

The disks work fine on my Panasonic DVD-LS50 portable DVD player, and my older Sony DVD player so obviously I appreciate it could be incompatability on the Tosh which is the problem.

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

+RW discs are indeed finalised, it just does it as it records.

If the disc doesn't load at all on the Toshiba, then you can try changing the book type of the disc to try and disguise the fact it is a +RW. You need to do this in the Philips recorder, put the disc in the tray but do not press close. On the remote control press "2" and the tray should close and change the flag on the disc, now try it again in the Toshiba.

However even this may not work as based on feedback, few people have had luck with + media in the Toshiba. User feedback at videohelp.com

Regards

Philip

3. JethroUK

JethroUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    You may also try "Make Edits Compatable" option on the Philips - sorta finalising for +RW