1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVDR70 chapter insertion problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by greg_1979, Sep 30, 2005.

1. greg_1979

greg_1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people. Bit of help required please. I could probably find out the answer by looking in the manual but hey, it's in the attic and there's no light in there etc...

Anyway, why is it that when I record on to a DVD+RW and manually insert chapters, make some hidden etc to get a nice start point for a movie or whatever I have an option to "Make Edits Compatible" (which works perfectly on other players etc), but when I record on to DVD+R, insert some chapters, make some hidden etc that when I finalise it and then use the disc in another player, none of the hidden chapters are hidden and all my chapter markers are not there, just the standard 5 minute one's?!!

It's driving me NUTS!! Please help before I boot it into a neighbouring village.

Many thanks

PS. I know people have MAJOR MAJOR issues with this particular dvd recorder but this is the only one I have with it... it's been perfect since I bought it a year ago so I guess I'm lucky really!!

2. greg_1979

greg_1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Still really keen to get this sorted if anyone can help me?

Cheers ;-)

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,758
    You would get more answers to this in the DVD Recorder forum.

4. greg_1979

greg_1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, cheers buddy, can you move it for me or shall I re-post it there?

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,758
    I'm not a moderator in this forum so I don't have the power to move it. I would suggest re-posting it in the DVD Recorder section :)