1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips Dvdr70/051

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by emfceee, Feb 8, 2005.

1. emfceee

emfceee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recent Purchase Dvdr70. Recording Problem ----instead Of Video Plus---- It Offers A System Called "showview".
    Using Published Video Plus Numbers The Stored Times Are Wrong.
    This Problem Is Not Covered On The Faq Philips Site.
    Nor Can I Get An Answer From Them.
    Anyone Help?

2. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had DVDR70 and video+ codes worked fine with that - I think 'showview' is European version of videoplus

The English model is /05, you are showing /051 - I suspect it is, but are you sure it's English model?

Other point is - mine definately had "Videoplus" button on the remote - Does yours? Maybe you were supplied with the wrong control

3. emfceee

emfceee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine is definately a 70/051 made in Hungary, but with multi country setup facility.
    My remote does not have video plus on it but the unit does and is covered in the handbook.
    The handbook instructs to access video plus via the "timer" on the remote,and follow onscreen instructions.
    This brings me back to "showview" as a system on display.
    It will accept the numbers but sets up the wrong times---a well!! thanks for your help.
    I suspect the model has evolved, especially as I can not access the "remote used" in order to try the multi-region hack sent to me by the seller.
    I tried the download from the Philips site as a reset/update but that did not even start to re-programme my unit. It read the disc and indicated cd rom and nothing else happened.
    There appears to be no battery back up for clock/timer as I lose info sometimes on switch off.? any thoughts?

4. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like you have wrong remote - mine definately had video+ button

re update - the update file has to copied to as an 'ISO disk image' - you cant just drag/drop it - nero can do it

re: timer - the timer doesn't need battery backing up - it is set via one of the channel clocks - usually BBC1 - but you can change which channel it uses

5. emfceee

emfceee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The instruction manual supplied (all in English) never referes to Video plus programming from the remote.
    The instructions direct me to press "timer" then select "Video plus" which in my case is "showview".
    The numbers take ok, but store the wrong times and also no programme number which has to be set manually.

Thanks for the download info , I am new to this and dont know what ISO disc image means.
    Why can I not get an update disc from Philips?

6. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nero can create a "Disk Image" from the download

You could also get the disc from Philips - theoretically :)

7. emfceee

emfceee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Lose All Channel/prog/clock And Timer Settings If I Switch The System Off At The Wall.

Also After A Recorded Programme,the System Shuts Down And Will Not Come Back On --no Matter What I Do. Reset By Unplugging From Wall And Reinstalling All Channels Etc.
    Help Pse