Philips DVDR610 Language Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by John, Mar 22, 2005.

1. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Hi all ,
    A friend from work has one of these .Somehow the installation is screwed up , and the language is Dutch or Scandinavian.
    Anyway ,there does not seem to be an option in the menu system to change the language back to English , bit daft if you ask me , but there you go :confused: .
    I tried unplugging it for about 15 minutes , with no joy. Have left it unplugged since yesterday morning now , just incase its a battery related thing and it needs a chance to run down before starting up again.
    I've told her to phone/email Philips to see if they can offer any advice , but thought I'd post here also.
    So , anyone got any other advice
    Ta muchly
    John

2. Dickster

Dickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Cheers Dickster , thought I had been through every menu option ? What they really need to show is a menu map , bit like you used to get in a Nokia Mobile instruction book , that resembles a family tree . Oh well , I'll have to try to get back to the house ,and have another try . We are on opposite shifts , took about a fortnight to sort out the last visit :D

Cheers

John

4. Dickster

Dickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You're welcome John. I do agree with the menu map though, it would make it all alot easy to navigate because you'd know where you're heading before you start. In fact it would be great if all manufacturers did this. Oh well.