1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVDR610 £99.99 at Sainsburys

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by ajfoggy, Sep 9, 2004.

1. ajfoggy

ajfoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As I said above. Not sure if the stores know they have them, when I got mine they weren't even on the shopfloor yet. Probably best to just go in and ask. :) :D

2. hander

hander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  3. hander

hander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Link doesn't work. Here's story:

Wednesday, December 24, 2003
    Philips and Sainsbury's settled on action over the importation of DVD players

Philips commenced legal proceedings against Sainsbury's this week in the High Court over the importation of DVD players. The players had been manufactured without the appropriate licence from Philips, Sony, Pioneer and LG. Philips and Sainsbury's settled the action the next day and Sainsbury's has confirmed to Philips that its policy is to place orders only for DVD players manufactured under an appropriate licence.

4. ajfoggy

ajfoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got mine from the SaverCentre out near Reading just off Junction 12 M4, I think. I also called in at the Winnersh store and they did mention getting some more in next Friday.

5. Forbury Lion

Forbury Lion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi chaps, this is my first post and I just wanted to say thanks for creating this thread as I just bagged myself a £99 Philips DVDR610 from Sainsbury's in Winnersh :thumbsup:

I went there at lunchtime today with my boss after reading the thread on this forum, didn't see any of them on the shelves so stopped one of the store managers who knew exactly what model we were after before we could say it and strangely asked if we worked for NTL as apprantley word spread around their offices and everyone who worked there came in and bought up the entire stock - Lucky for us a lorry arrived minutes before we turned up and we managed to reserve the only two that were delivered before they'd even left the truck.

When my boss went back to pay though they scanned though at around £260 each so he kicked up a fuss and flashed a copy of this thread which they saw and said in that case they'd have to honour it!!! Superb, thanks again!

PS - Tomorrow I plan to post a message on a car forum about Aston Martins selling for a fiver and take a copy down to my local dealer to see if I can blag me one :laugh:

6. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    They've got these back on offer now but not quite as cheap, my local store has them priced at £115.

Also worthy of mention is the DVD 630 - DivX, Prog Scan, Multi Region via handset hack, all the usual other goodness and a knock down price of £45. They didn't have any in stock, but I spoke to the person on the electrical desk and apparently that's a permanent price and they'll be getting more in stock 'soon' - they wouldn't allow me to reserve one though :(

7. voyager7

voyager7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Sainsbury's today were selling the DVR 610 and DVP630 at £115 & £45 respectively, and also a pile of Mico DVD+RW Recorders for £74.99!!
    Also a local poundshop were selling Mitsubishi branded DVD- and + Rewritables in Jewel cases for, you've guessed it, a pound!!

8. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, bought the Mico today, for £74.99.

I was waiting to get a HD / DVD recorder some day, but for now, for less than a VCR??? can't really go wrong can I?:thumbsup:

Tested it all morning, for the price it is amazing, PQ can be criticised, but it seems pointless to do so. It beats VHS anyway.

I did hear some sainsbury's stores were knocking them out for under £50 - check out your local one.

9. bladebeeter

bladebeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My local sainsburys Ilford is selling the mico for £149 and the phillips for £229
    does anyone know where the £99 offer is still on?

10. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well it's not quite £99, but in Dundee they're £115. The phone number for the Dundee store is 01382 736435. Get your store to phone them and ask to speak to the Homeware dept, they'll be able to confirm the price and then hopefully your store will pricematch.

I don't know what the Mico is in Dundee though, but pretty well everything in the electricals section is discounted.

11. bladebeeter

bladebeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've phoned all the sainburys in my yellow pages no luck.

if anyone knows of a branch near east london or essex with stock of the philips please let me know