Philips DVDR1000MkII

keyser

Standard Member
"A crucial addition for videophiles is the VGA output providing a PAL/NTSC progressive scan signal. This will allow a stunning display of the DVDR1000MkII's innate recording quality on suitably-equipped big-screen TVs: plasma, projection or direct-view.Philips has also included Digital Natural Motion"

What is a vga output... can it be used with component inputs as on the tosh TV´s?
Digital Natural Motion... it´s a resolution enhancer.. like pixel plus right.. that philips uses in it´s TV´s, how can this be used in a dvd player? Does anyone know the standard res specs of this player as most new players have about 70 more lines than the older ones. Can this be used with progressive scan or do you have to chose?

J

jmack

now this looks good it means i can keep the component imputs on my plasma for my pro scan dvd player, i hope this has a way of plugging my sat box in to then use the vga out to the plasma, maybe if this machine is progressive it would be a line doubler too for my sat box?
maybe some one could answer that ?

ps just checked the pdf file for this but did not see a vga output
maybe i was looking at the wrong country one? can you post a link please?

Timh

Distinguished Member
What is a vga output

Its a 15 pin socket like the one your Monitor on your pc plugs into your system case.
Also found on Plasma screens and front projectors.
I wonder why they haven't included componant out sockets?

keyser

Standard Member
can a vga plug connected another plug so it goes to a tv component input.. or are the completely incompatible?

MartinCo

Standard Member
any idea of the progressive scan chipset?

we can only hope for the faroudja as in the philips 962/3 & q50... okay... pigs might fly first.

does sound very nice though.

keyser

Standard Member
Is any proggressive chip better than another?? Whats in my pionner 737? The philips does both pal and ntsc pr.scan

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom