Philips DVDR1000 video input recording

P

Pip_UK

If you record a DVD via an RGB input (digital cable box), are you restricted to RGB video output when playing back the DVD?

The reason I ask is I only have the option of displaying component and s-video signals.

If I need to get an S-video convertor ... would it make any difference where it was in the setup? ie before DVDR1000 input signal or after output signal, in otherwords recording in RGB or S-video

This has been puzzling me for ages ...

Anyone know the answer?

Cheers,

Pip

Thanks Informatique ...

I asked this question via email to Philips as well and received this reply -

Signals such as RGB and S-Video only determine the type of link
between 2 different devices and only affect the recording in terms of the quality of the picture received. For instance, a recording made from a source via S-Video or RGB is going to be better quality than via RF or CVBS. Once recorded, the connection then affects the quality of the reproduction on the television.

If you are limited in connection, I recommend that you use the best quality link for recording onto the DVDR. This means that you have the best possible picture sound actually on the disc, as there is no point in watching a lower quality recording via a higher quality connection. Also, if you upgrade your system in the future, you will still have the quality of recording on the DVD disc.

Please note that most modern televisions have at least 1 RGB input via scart (usually on socket 1 if there are more than 1 scart socket).

I hope that this information is useful to you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom