Philips DVDR 880 installation

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Colger, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received my 880 however although I shall use the scart connection I did try to tune my TV to the UHF channel on the 880.
    Has anyone else succeeded in doing this as I have heard that the 880 does not output on a UHF channel only a loop-thro'.

Any advice on best way to connect to a sky box. I did have the connections tv - sky - 880. Unfortunately when I turned the 880 on I lost the sky (understandably due to pin 8) but I wanted to start a recording but couldnt do this without seeing the picture. Have now connected tv - 880 - sky - any comments would be much appreciated.

2. DerekR

DerekR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Press the 'monitor' button on the remote to view your recording source.

Alternatively press the tv/dvd button to route the input on EXT2 to the output of EXT1 and switch between the Sky and DVD picture.

Don't people read manuals at all these days? It's all covered in there.

3. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DerekR

I am annoyed at your reference to people not reading manuals!!!

If you read my post correctly you would understand that I was asking if the 880 outputted its signal on a uhf channel.

Perhaps people should read posts before answering.

4. DerekR

DerekR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

You also asked about scart connections and how avoid interrupting your Sky picture (if not, what was all that pin 8 business about?).

To me this was a separate issue from your UHF question.

I replied telling you how to view the source on screen (using the monitor button). This information is available in the manual.

Perhaps next time I wont bother trying to help you out <shrug>