Philips DVDR 880/890 owners please help...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by michaelab, Sep 9, 2002.

1. michaelab

michaelab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm trying to find out if the 880/890 have a multi standard tuner i.e. one that supports both PAL I (as used in the UK) and PAL B/G (as used in the rest of Europe except France).

I've seen from the user manual online that there's a "Select Country" setting in the system settings. If anyone has an 880/890 could you please change your "Country" setting to something other than UK (eg: Germany, Holland etc) and then see if your RF reception is still OK? (picture should be fine but you may not get any sound). If you choose "France" then the picture may also be broken.

If it isn't then there's a pretty good chance that this setting change also changes the tuner standard. Seems to be very hard to get accurate information about this from Philips and/or retailers.

I'd really appreciate it if someone out there could try this out for me!

Thanks,
    Michael.

2. michaelab

michaelab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I got my answer on the board over at www.DVDPlusRW.org - yes, the 880/890 are multi-standard PAL/SECAM.

Michael.