• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips DVDR 75 Help

easterislandnic

Standard Member
Hi, I am trying to sort out a problem for my girlfriends dad who lives 3 hours from me, as you can imagine it's not easy!

He has just bought a new TV, an LG M2262. He wants to connect this to his old DVD recorder, a Phillips DVDR 75. He has connected the aerial to the DVD recorder and then connected the aerial output of that to the television. He has also connected the scart EXT 1 of the DVD recorder to the television. I have looked at the manual on-line and he seems to be doing the right thing.

Philips DVDR75/691 user manual - English, Pdf file (1.38 Mb) - Owner's / User's manual

The problem is that when he goes to record he doesn't get an image but he gets a clear signal on the TV. Would both scart sockets on the TV be input and output sockets? Does the aerial even need to go into the DVD recorder at all if it is not decoding the signal?

Any help would be much appreciated!

bonzobanana

Prominent Member
Does he still have analogue tv channels where he is? If not then as you say connecting the aerial to the dvd recorder is unnecessary. He probably can record via scart from the tv's own freeview tuner but only while the tv is on and it can only record the channel you are viewing at the time. Incredibly limiting.

Basically you need something for the dvd recorder to record. If he hasn't got sky or cable then really a freeview pvr is the best option. Then occasionally when he wants a dvd copy of something the philips can be used for that. Alternatively a simple low cost freeview box can be used but not an easy to use option for recording as you have to setup both boxes for the same timer event.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom