Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips DVD963SA - Press release

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sirjohnofbalham, Jan 8, 2003.

1. sirjohnofbalham

sirjohnofbalham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the online news section of the Home Cinema Choice website, there is copy of the Philips press release on the 963SA. It gives the impression that it will be Pal ps out of the box or have I mis-understood it? Also it states that 'ps is delivered via the RGB output on the Scart connection with the DCDi Faroudja interpolating processing chip.......Is this correct? I thought ps was only available via component out sockets.

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's a mistake. I've only ever heard of PS being available through component but then PS in Europe is new, maybe i'm wrong.

3. sirjohnofbalham

sirjohnofbalham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just spoken to Philips 'customer care'. The chap I spoke to claimed that it would be pal ps 'put of the box' but I got the impression he didn't really understand the question. When I asked about availability, he advised me to ring Dutchwest which is Philip's biggest dealer. 'If they haven't got it no one will'. They haven't got it in stock and don't reckon they'll see any till the end of Jan at the earliest. The wait goes on. What is the problem? If Philip's own press release is wrong, what hope is there?