Philips dvd recorder

fada

Novice Member
I have one.. Need a bit of help. Got a new TV and like its great when I switch to record off the dvd recorder the picture is much darker. How do I make it brighter

JayCee

Distinguished Member
What do you mean by “switch to record off the dvd recorder”?…do you mean switching the TV's source to the AV input the DVDR is connected to?
How is the recorder connected to the TV…Scart or Composite video/audio?
Also, the brand and model number of your TV and model of DVDR will help us to help you.

fada

Novice Member
I got a new SAmsung 400 worth 43 inch I think. using a scart converter to get the signal off the tv but the quality is very poor picture wise
What do you mean by “switch to record off the dvd recorder”?…do you mean switching the TV's source to the AV input the DVDR is connected to?
How is the recorder connected to the TV…Scart or Composite video/audio?
Also, the brand and model number of your TV and model of DVDR will help us to help you.

Fred Smith

I got a new SAmsung 400 worth 43 inch I think. using a scart converter to get the signal off the tv but the quality is very poor picture wise
You think, we don't know.

Your not answering questions asked.

Scart convertor to?

I'll get the popcorn in.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Sorry but you’re not making much sense and you haven’t answered the questions I asked.
TV model number?…it's printed on a label on the back of it.
Your TV probably has Composite Video/Audio inputs and the scart output from your DVDR can connect to these without any convertor.
As stated by Fred Smith the quality won't be up to much viewing composite video/audio on a modern TV which is what any scart to HDMI convertor will be outputting.

fada

Novice Member
ue43tu7100k is the make of the Samsung tv.

The problem I now have it when I go to record its starts at 00000 and pauses. I'm not sure if its attached right

Fred Smith

Your not answering questions asked!

Scart converter to?

fada

Novice Member
IMG-20210809-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20210809-WA0001.jpeg

Fred Smith

Your still not answering questions asked!

Model number of the Phillips DVD recorder.

Which of the two Scart sockets is converter connected to on Phillips DVD recorder?

Is the converter powered up, all we can see is one end of a power lead?

What are you trying to record?

What format discs?

Last edited:

fada

Novice Member
Philips dvdr3480

The power of the splitter is in the back ofvthevtv
IMG_20210809_225419.jpg
IMG_20210809_225404.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_225410.jpg
    IMG_20210809_225410.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 8

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom