1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVD Recorder with Freeview Tuner DVD745/05

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rogerh, Sep 21, 2004.

1. rogerh

rogerh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Anyone know about the Philips DVD Recorder model DVDR745/05 which appears on their web site? I can't find any retailers who have heard of it.
    My interest is that they herald it as the first with an integrated Freeview tuner and it also has ilink for camcorders.
    I've rung Philips and get told "it's not on our database"!
    Failing anyone bringing out a machine with both hard disc and removable DVD for archiving, this seems like the best alternative to the Sony RDRGXD500 if,
    like me, you need ilink for camcorder use as well as a Freeview tuner.

2. rogerh

rogerh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,
    Just had e-mail from Philips to say they have backed off from issuing this model. So still no dvd recorder with Freeview and ilink - let alone hard disc!

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Odds are something suitable will be along next year. The Toshiba RDXS34, due in March, should have a HDD and Freeview tuner. If it follows current models it will also sport an iLink socket.

4. xmb

xmb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Sony have released the GXD500 DVD recorder with Freeview (£385 from Electrical World). It's a shame they don't have a HDD version for he UK market.
    Looks like we are being milked to buy non DTV HDD machines so they can sell us DTV models next year! :mad: