1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips Dvd Recorder Dvd+r +rw

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by thfccambs, Jan 10, 2003.

1. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Could anyone give me some advice on what make of disks to get ?where to get the best deal?Have been told the 890 is a bit fussy when it comes to dvd+.found these but not sure if they will play ok?http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?id=446

2. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Intenso from CDEvolutions.co.uk and Datawrite from Bigpockets have both performed well on my 890. The 25+RW Datawrite pack from Bigpockets was not packaged very well. I shall be interested to see how the bottom disc performs as it arrived with scratches on it! Might be worth saying something if you order from them.

Oops just followed your link. I have only used the +RW Datawrite. The Intenso +R I have used with no problems.

3. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    cheers for the reply ,went for 25 datawrite dvd+r fromwww.Blankdiscshop.co.uk. When i emailed bigpocket.co.uk they said (the 890 is a funny machine and is very picky with what dvd+ media it will
    work with, i would suggest you stick with the traxdata dvd+r)which are nearly twice the price.when i emailed Blankdiscshop they told me i would have no problems with thedatawrite dvd+r on my philips 890.:D