1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHILIPS DVD RECORDER backing up disks

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by thfccambs, Jan 23, 2003.

1. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    A bit of help needed i have been using datawrite dvd+r(yellow & blck ones) to back up my dvd collection.they play back fine on my philips dvd recorder but when i play them in another dvd player they will stop half way through & return to the start.
    does anyone know why?is it the disks im using or is it another problem.if it is the disc what disks should i use?
    thanks for your help.
    :confused:

2. StJonno

StJonno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are you using to allow you to copy a dvd? I thought you got the 'copy prot' message if you tried to copy a dvd

3. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bumping this up because I just bought the above discs and they play fine on my Philip 890 but will not play on anything else!

Whats going on then?

Taz.

4. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    TAZ i am able to use the datawrite disks on my sony 325,then some times the odd one will give me problems.Called bigpocket.co.uk and was told they seem to be having problems with some batches of datawrite disks.I have now brought some traxdata but have not got around to trying one yet.will let you know how i get on with the traxdata disks.