Question Philips DTS play if speakers

Pip71

Standard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Philips DTS TAW6205/10 speakers with their TV .I have the oled+ 935 and thought having the speakers with ambilight would be good as long as the sound synced ok.

Yes they are the ones that are supported for ambilight use with the TV. If they could be used as surrounds I would buy them but I don't think the DTS implementation on the TV works like that.

I don't think the DTS will give surround but I thought the ambilight would give a good effect around the room.However I read a review that said there was a slight delay when they were used in another room.

Has anyone actually been able to get them to connect to the ambilght?

I just can't get it happen.

Any tips ?

For me it aint working also. 75PML9636 with 2 TAW6205 speakers. I connected the 2 speakers to wifi, updated both to latest mcu. I can sync the sound with the play-fi app on the TV as TV audio and as surround. Both working well. However extending ambilight from the TV to the leds of the both speakers won’t work. After pushing the syns button for 3 seconds the LEDS on the speakers should turn yellow to tell it is in sync modus. I just can’t get them to that for both speakers. Hardware failure or am I missing something?

Just to inform, returned the speakers. Couldn’t get the ambilight sync get to work with the tv.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom