1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DTRA200 Freeview box: Anyone got one/What are Philips like for Freeview box?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Paul Cooksley, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi there

I am thinking of changing my Goodmans GDB3 Freeview box (which is playing up - a common problem upon reading up on the internet - it keeps turning on and off and switching channels - and I am on my second box!) - So, I was thinking of going for the Philips DTRA200 which is advertised in the latest Argos Catalogue priced £49.99.

My question is: Has anyone bought one of these or similar? What are Philips Freeview boxes like to use? It seems have to have all the same specs as the Goodmans but just wondered how easy it might be to use/what the 7 day EPG is like etc....

If no one has one, can anyone recommend a set top Freeview box from Argos that might be some good???

Cheers

Paul

2. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Just picked one of these up today to try in the bedroom. Works pretty well with an amplified One-For-ALL aerial. The front of the DTT actually says DTR500? It also appears to have a digital coax audio output which I don't believe the 200 should have? Setup was quick and easy and so far no problems. We have Sky in the lounge so nothing than a distant memory of OnD to compare it to but if anyone wants particulars then let me know and I'll try and answer.

Regards
    Pip

3. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a Philips first generation Ondigital box for four years now. No problems with it.

4. SquidMan

SquidMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul

I'm in the process of looking for a replacement STB as my Philips (though fairly reliable) has a pretty rubbish EPG when compared to the likes of the Sony box. The EPG is a bit clunky, can only see what's on now/next and have to scroll through very tediously when you want to anything beyond on a seperate slider... Other than that I've been fairly happy with the box... though i do have the DTR500... not sure how this differs from your model...

Cheers

SquidMan

5. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Finally got around to checking the box and even that says it's DTR500/005. Don't know how this compares to the supposed DTRA200 I thought I was buying and whether Argos are just shifting old stock before new?