1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DTR150 (picture drops out @ startup)

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bfish, Nov 11, 2004.

1. bfish

bfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi AV Forum,

I've had a Philips DTR150 for sometime time now & it has always lost its picture (tends to freeze, pixelate etc) for about 30 sec probably a minute or two after startup. I thought this was normal with the Freeview boxes until visiting a friends place recently who had a cheap box from tesco's but it didn't suffer the same problem as the Philips DTR150.

Has any body else see this behaviour? Is it likely the box is faultly? Could it be the area i live?

Thanks

Bfish

2. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My Philips DTR1500* has been locking up lately. It seems to be more reliable since leaving it on (green light) 24 hours a day. A lot of these digital appliances don't like being repeatedly switched off/on.

*I assume this is the same model? :)

3. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Freeview i.e. DTT suffer acutely from pulse interference - i.e. light switches, thermostats, starter motors, motor ignition, fridge and freezer compressor noise and most insidiously TETRA radio pulse interference; the latter will be picked up directly by the aerial and the others by the aerial shield/ground connection.

You need to employ a high pass filter box or TETRA filter which will remove all noise below the TV frequency band, and on the output lead use a ferrite clamp to suppress any remaining noise. see www.garex.co.uk for details of products from AKD to deal with TETRA.

Failing to deal with such noise will cause the box to freeze, pixillate and generally become unreliable.
    If all else fails move to Sky Digital - its far more reliable!