1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips Dolby Digital Cordless Rear Speakers

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dtriggs, May 14, 2004.

1. dtriggs

dtriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 36" Philips TV with the cordless rears, which was a great selling point as I dont always want to turn my full 5.1 speaker system on.
    Whatever I do I cannot get a clear sound through them - I have tried positioning them and all 5 different channels.

Can any of you please advise what I can do ? The manual says I can hardwire them but that seems pointless.

2. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    switch off your microwave !:rotfl:
    Check if you don't have any electric appliance, if it use 2.4ghz and U leave in a flat, might be aswell your neighbour aswell.
    Try to put them next to the TV and try them, does the sound decrease while you put them away ? or the quality is the same.
    Do you have a bad sound once in the while or all the time ?

3. dtriggs

dtriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok - bad sound all the time. Havent tried right next to the TV but within a few feet. I do have a video sender 2.4 ghz on which I hadnt thought about. Will try turning that off. I live in a detached house so no problems with neighbours.

Thanks

4. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yeah switch it off more than likely, that's what it is

5. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi dtriggs,

A lot of people have had interference on these wireless speakers. I bought the Philips 36PW9618 last month and initially could not get mine to work (it turned out I had not pushed the connection cable right in on the wireless receiver box!) There is a cure for this noise on the speakers, and you will find it mentioned lots of times in the last year on this forum. I hope it will work for you. When you connect the wireless transmitter module to the back of the tv just push the connection in and let the whole of the module hang free down the back of the television. Because I hadn't realised about my loose connection I bought a stereo cinch to stereo 3.5 mm jack cable and hard wired it (page 22 of the manual). Having done this I left it hard wired as I didn't then have to have the wireless receiver box more than 2 metres from the television and raised from the floor; I just leave it at the back of the tv on the floor. The speakers work perfectly. Of course then I didn't need the wireless transmitter module connected to the back of the tv.

I am thrilled with this television and the sound is excellent considering it is not a home cinema system. I hope the "fix" will work for you and it is not the video sender. I had one of those in the past and it did cause a few problems with a portable tv.

Please let us know if this works for you. If not, maybe someone can come up with another idea. Good luck.