Philips CRT 21PT5409 Alignment Problem!

island3r

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and I really need your help :).
As the title says, I have a philips crt 21pt5409/01 with a L01.2E chassis. It's not very old, I bought it about 3 years ago. Up until now it worked perfectly fine, but yesterday out of the blue the picture appeared to be "zoomed in". It looks like the TV crops the picture from all sides.
Normally there is no way to change this, so I googled for the service menu. I found it, got into it (0 6 2 5 9 6 [i+]) and I was able to change the vertical alignment, but the horizontal won't change at all! Did anyone else have similar problems? ANY help would be much appreciated.:)

Hi, I am new here and I really need your help :).
As the title says, I have a philips crt 21pt5409/01 with a L01.2E chassis. It's not very old, I bought it about 3 years ago. Up until now it worked perfectly fine, but yesterday out of the blue the picture appeared to be "zoomed in". It looks like the TV crops the picture from all sides.
Normally there is no way to change this, so I googled for the service menu. I found it, got into it (0 6 2 5 9 6 [i+]) and I was able to change the vertical alignment, but the horizontal won't change at all! Did anyone else have similar problems? ANY help would be much appreciated.:)

I have exactly the same problem. Suddenly the image is zoomed-in/cropped.
I managed to get into the service menu and shrink the image vertically (no cropping at the top and bottom) but i cannot avoid horizontal cropping.

It is as if the image is 16:9 but the tv only displays the 4:3 part, cropping large portion left and right...

Any solutions ?

I have exactly the same problem. Suddenly the image is zoomed-in/cropped.
I managed to get into the service menu and shrink the image vertically (no cropping at the top and bottom) but i cannot avoid horizontal cropping.

It is as if the image is 16:9 but the tv only displays the 4:3 part, cropping large portion left and right...

Any solutions ?

up. So nobody knows how to solve this or why it is caused ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom