Philips Cool Green 32" Problem

ramtec

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Philips 32" Cool Green TV which has given me about 4 1/2 years problem free service. Until now that is!

My problem is that it still display the picture just everything has a purple tint, even the On Screen Menus are purple now.... The picture also flickers and nearly goes completely black and then comes back to the purple.

I'm no expert but could it be the tube or has it lost a setting somehow?

Is there a service menu available?

I have also noticed a side panel that looks lie it might hold more controls but don't know how to take the plastic bit off. This is located on the right side rear just by the glass stand.

HELP!!!

the model number is 32PW9523\25

I've tried the code 062596 and then the i+ but it must be an older set as it doesn't work

I have/had the same set but for me the picture kept turning green. Eventually the picture disappeared altogether just leaving a blank green screen. I seem to remember reading somewhere that this was quite a common problem with this model. When they failed ion the first year they were replaced under warranty but it sounds like its the tube thats u/s and thats about £500 to repair.

If I'm wrong then someone please correct me as I still have the set sitting in the back room while I decide what to buy next.

ramtec said:
uncool green - do you have the same problem?

I have seen many faulty Philips TV's of this age on Ebay.
They got sold for no more than about £10.

People don't bother getting stuff repaired anymore, as often it's better to put the money towards a new TV that will have better picture quality, and a pure flat screen.

My dads old 32inch Philips lasted 12 months before the tube gave up. He had the same set as me, but mine lasted 10 years and had 2 different faults not tube related, before it became not worth getting repaired.

ramtec said:
I'm no expert but could it be the tube or has it lost a setting somehow?

Is there a service menu available?

TV's do not suddenly lose settings unless there is a Fault, so it's no use fiddling about with it. A service menu is not going to help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom