philips & centre speaker??

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by bertha, Jun 5, 2002.

1. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    sorry if this is more of a speaker query but thought some tv folks may have a similar quandry - just trying to work out where all my bits n bobs are going to go with my new P+..currently I have a Tannoy MC which I'm planning to upgrade in the not too distant future (Kef Q9c, the likely candidate) but obviously the top of most Philips tvs & most tvs in general aren't suitable for positioning a largish centre speaker on them..I have a big old Ferguson 33" which my Tannoy is quite happy on at the minute..

Q. Are the glass shelves on the Philips cabinet sound (pardon the pun) for sitting a vibrating behemoth on (with good old blu-tak beneath the speaker) or am I going to have to ditch the cabinet & get alternative furniture?
    Or is sitting the speaker on the floor toed up an option - all thoughts most welcome

cheers

berth

2. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bertha
    I currently have my Mission 77C1 on the top glass shelve of my PW9616 stand with no problems at all, i think this is a very similar stand to 9617. I have found the stand to be very solid and of good bulid.

hope this is of help
    Samir