• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips Blu Ray Bdp2700/05 -MKV?

meat

Standard Member
Just got this unit from Adsa:

Philips Blu Ray Bdp2700/05 | Blu-ray Player | ASDA direct

I was hoping it would play mkv files but no luck, even if I change the mkv extension to avi, which was suggested for a different Philips model in another thread. Will Philips be likely to issue a software update to enable this in the future or as I suspect will I have to change it for a more expensive model. By the way,the upscaling capabilities to my eyes looks great. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

wilx01

Standard Member
Just got this unit from Adsa:

Philips Blu Ray Bdp2700/05 | Blu-ray Player | ASDA direct

I was hoping it would play mkv files but no luck, even if I change the mkv extension to avi, which was suggested for a different Philips model in another thread. Will Philips be likely to issue a software update to enable this in the future or as I suspect will I have to change it for a more expensive model. By the way,the upscaling capabilities to my eyes looks great. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Got 2 today from asda £57. Both play MKVs fine, from USB and DVD discs

Zaim7890

Got 2 today from asda £57. Both play MKVs fine, from USB and DVD discs

How did you get yours to work, i just got the same player and it won't play MKV's, used my flash drive.

Janneman

Standard Member
For those who has problems with the Philips BDP2700/12 or BDP2700/05 MKV or other files see:

Supported Audio:
110601105415_75324.jpg

Supported Video:
110601105604_75325.jpg

I Use Firmware version 1.54 and it works like a charm :)

https://www.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp2700_12/bdp2700_12_fus_eng.zip

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom