1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips bCool SV1 Firmware

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Slate8, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Slate8

Slate8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently purchased a Philips bCool SV1 projector, but have found the firmware to be a little buggy. The symptoms are as follows...

The settings menu is incredibly slow, but does work. After using the menu it will continue to randomly appear until the projector is restarted. The same goes for the source info display at the top right of the screen. If you change the source it will continue to randomly display the source name, or actually change source until the projector is restarted.

Sometimes when using the VGA input, the projector will not turn off and the image freezes. The only way to turn it off is to physically unplug it!

I love the image quality of the picture this little gem produces and use it for TV, Games, DVD and PC but nagging problems with the firmware, it does somewhat tarnish the experience.

I’ve checked the naff Philips site for a firmware upgrade – but alas there isn’t one. Does anyone here have this projector and experience the same issues?

2. rjpaine

rjpaine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you manage to get this problem resolved?

I have an SV1 (LC5331) and am currently experiencing the same problem with the projector menu popping up occasionally.

Thanks

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Any firmware updates available can be done by the UK service agent, Teleplan.

Your first action should be to contact the warranty help line to log the issue. They'll get Teleplan to call you.

Warranty Help Line - 0800 783 2310

Good luck :)