1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips and the law

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by davidgirecourt, Nov 2, 2004.

1. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

My 32PW9527 need a new tube. I bought it from new (with 1 year warrany) in November 2002 and the first tube was changed under warranty in November 2003 for £428.

It now needs a new tube again and I would like to know where I legally stand.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David :suicide:

2. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    here is a quote from the trading standards website, it concerns a fridge freezer, but the same is true for a telly too, and as u have already had a tube replaced and its already gone again i reckon you have a good argument

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    David,

I'm not a Lawyer (if only :laugh: ), but the above sounds right to me.

However, the replacement tube should carry a 12 month guarantee so, if you're quick, I think you stand a good chance of a second claim.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I
    I have a little experience with televisions and I find that most of the good companies will help with some or all of repair costs within 2 years. But onceyou have had it repaired it does not extend the warranty.
    The ammount of help you get depends on the type of fault and how persuvive you are.
    Nigel

5. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your answers.

I will dig towards trading standard a bit more for a start. Also, the same company which diagnosed the tube again says that the new tube they fitted nearly a year ago only has a 3 months warranty "but they will check".

For sure this one isn't gonna go away and someone (not me) will pay for the repair.

David