Bargain Expired Philips Ambilight 65PUS8545/12 65-inch LED TV Reduced from £849 to £679. Expires 23/06/21

Scott Wright

Affiliate Manager
Reaction score

Philips Ambilight 65PUS8545/12 65-Inch LED TV (4K UHD, P5 Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR 10+, Freeview Play, Compatible with Alexa, Android TV) Light Silver/Silver Chrome (2020/2021 Model) [Energy Class G]​

Amazon product ASIN B089NFB2KF

There also appear to be varying discounts for the other sizes available (17% off for 43 inch, 24% for 50 inch, 27% for 58 inch) but no discount for the 70 inch model.
Must have Amazon Prime to receive this deal.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have a series X console is this worth it for that or should I wait for the 2021 models with hdmi 2.1

I'm not a hardcore gamer mainly Minecraft with my little one

I was looking at the 9636 mini led but these appear to be very expensive when they arrive

I'm looking at one of these from richer sounds
But not sure what to do

65PUS7906​

N

I have a series X console is this worth it for that or should I wait for the 2021 models with hdmi 2.1

I'm not a hardcore gamer mainly Minecraft with my little one

I was looking at the 9636 mini led but these appear to be very expensive when they arrive

I'm looking at one of these from richer sounds
But not sure what to do

65PUS7906​

N
The 9636 will undoubtedly be a better TV, but also far more expensive.

Coming from a Panasonic plasma, I love my 65” 8505. Standard definition and 1080p is excellent. The TV has really good upscaling, probably the best in the business with the P5 processor.

Picture accuracy is excellent once you’ve messed with the whitepoint settings (far too much red and blue in the greyscale by default)

4K is good and HDR is bright and colourful enough, although not as good as the most expensive LED and OLED sets.

The blacks aren’t as good as the best sets out there but it isn’t a problem for me because I always watch TV with Ambilight and a corner table lamp on. As such, they’re dark enough for me and look plenty ‘black’ enough. If you watch in complete darkness then your mileage may vary. Motion is also excellent considering it’s only a 60hz panel.

All things considered, it’s a great TV for the price.

Last edited:

Coming from a Panasonic plasma, I love my 65” 8505. Standard definition and 1080p is excellent. The TV has really good upscaling, probably the best in the business with the P5 processor.

Picture accuracy is excellent once you’ve messed with the whitepoint settings (far too much red and blue in the greyscale by default)

4K is good and HDR is bright and colourful enough, although not as good as the most expensive LED and OLED sets.

The blacks aren’t as good as the best sets out there but it isn’t a problem for me because I always watch TV with Ambilight and a corner table lamp on. As such, they’re dark enough for me and look plenty ‘black’ enough. If you watch in complete darkness then your mileage may vary. Motion is also excellent considering it’s only a 60hz panel.

Appreciate the honest reply

Any thoughts on the

Any thoughts on the
Probably overpriced at the minute and not as good as the 8505 as it doesn’t have the P5 Perfect Picture processor.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom