1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 9986 32in LCD worth the money?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by duffer, Nov 14, 2004.

1. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello,

Buying a LCD screen within the next few days. Original choice of 30in Philips PF9975 for €2500 sold out and out of stock indefinately at the store in Italy. The cheapest I can find this is now €2800, however, I have seen the 32in Philips PF9976 LCD screen for €2800 in another store. This is meant to be the upgrade of the 9975?

I loved the look of the 9976 but then I saw the 9986! I have found this for around €3400 on the net and €4000 in the shops. Is it really worth paying the extra for the gimmicks. I understand it has Pixel Plus 2, however, there are some threads here stating that the 9976 does not have progressive scan yet the Philips website states it does?

I am not too bothered about the ambilight thingy but picture quality utmost. Is PP2 worth the extra bucks?

Sound is not a consideration either or using it for PC. Only XBOX gaming and watching DVDs on a progressive scan.

Please help!!!

Thanks and Ciao.

2. Digitised

Digitised

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  3. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: