1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 9976 - PQ looks like a home movie!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by duffer, Dec 13, 2004.

1. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Bought the 9976 model because mostly of the reviews and because I don't like the look of the 9986.

Is it me or does the Philips make DVD movies look like they were shot on my Mini DV video camera?

Of course, in the store the PQ was fantastic but they were showing Shrek!

What are the best settings for this model? Someone please help me because if the PQ is the best that I can obtain I feel like I've blown a wad on something inferior to CRT!

My Xbox doesn't look as good either.

One big fact that might be affecting PQ quality is the leads? I'm using the standard ones that came with the Xbox and a supermarket-bought Scart lead for the DVD player. Do good quality leads really make a difference to the average punter? 'Cos that's what I am. I want a good picture, play Xbox and watch DVDs...

If leads do make the difference could anyone recommend some for both my DVD and Xbox please.

Someone help me with some good advice. Thanks. :confused: :rolleyes:

2. Jim Barry

Jim Barry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 9945 and it looks like crap unless the picture sharpening is disabled. Try turning the sharpness control down to zero. The "Contrast+" feature is also best disabled. Lastly, I had trouble with crosstalk in the SCART cable. Cutting pin 19 at the TV end improved things enormously.