Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips 9976, has anybody tried to price match John Lewis

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by clarkem1, Mar 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems that this tv is a good price on net, but JL has a 5 year warranty, nybody tried price matching, and if so which ompanies would be best to price match agaist, thanks in advance

2. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    JL will only price match against a online company that also has a Bricks and Mortar store where the TV is on Display and price marked, they dont price match against online only, they don't normally limit you to local area etc, I got a RDXS32 price matched at Cribbs in Bristol against Sound And Vision in Bolton saved nearly £206 compared to JL's price of £599, if you do a search for John Lewis, it should bring up some threads with shops that thye will price match against.

Taz

3. BADA55

BADA55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah JL require any retail store to have the same product actually in stock and not just on display.

4. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got confirmation from Jl that they will price match this tv, at £1,447 (inc delivery), what would be best leads to get for Jamo DVD and Sony Sky box, any thoughts appreciated - and are there any problems i should know about.

thanks

5. sgiorgi

sgiorgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was this the JL website that said they would pricematch an online price or a JL shop. If a JL shop which one as I am looking to by a 9976 shortly and also want the benefit of their 5 year guarantee.

6. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Stotting TV! Good choice...

Will the Jamo be able to deliver Progressive Scan signals? If so then you'll need a Component lead to connect to the Component/VGA/DVI adapter. If not, then you'll need a couple of good Scarts for it and the Sony. www.tvcables.co.uk

These guys will do you really good cables at silly cheap prices. The £5.99 scarts are wonderful!

Jimmy

7. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rang JL in Bristol, pricematched video & tv direct, they have one shop in Bolton, they came back to me the same afternoon, looks a good deal if it is similar to 9986, albeit without pp2 and ambilight.

8. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jamo has progressive scan, only thing i can see is that 9976 (and 9986) do not have component, presume scart with rgb as good?

9. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I think you will find that they do have Component but you need the adapter that comes with the TV's to go through the DVI input, someone will correct me if I am wrong, pretty sure thats the way it happens on the 9986 anyway,

Taz

10. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah, the 9986 and the 9976 come with an adapter that allows you to connect Component through the DVI connector. Bit clumsy, but it works very well. This accepts Progressive Scan and produces amazing pictures...

Jimmy