1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 9976 coming Thursday, how do I connect DVD, (with prog scan)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by clarkem1, Mar 26, 2005.

1. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just place order, coming thursday, cheaper and smaller than 9986, looks quite attractive, anyway, I digress, must be the exitement.

Whats the best way of connecting dvd player, does pro scan, and SKY box, basic one.

Anybody have any settings programmed in to give me a head start when it arrives, as I understand that the factory setings are not always the best.

Happy easter

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    OK, Clarkem1,

Do you have a Progressive Scan DVD player? If so, connect as follows:

You'll need a component lead. You'll find a curious adapter cable in the box. Connect this to your component cable. This cable may have the correct coloured connectors (Red,Green,Blue) or it may have Red, White, Yellow connectors. If the latter, then connect Red to Red, Green to White, Blue to Yellow. Connect this cable to the VGA/DVI adapter and to the TV.

Run a DVD with the player set to Progressive Scan, select DVI on the 9976 and away you go!

For base settings look here:http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182709

Connect your Sky box with a good Scart into Ext1. Don't buy a silly expensive scart - get a great quality scart from www.tvcables.co.uk £5.99!

Have fun!

Jimmy

3. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help, will let you knowhow I get on next week