Philips 9830 LCD TV display resolutions

djmuk100

Established Member
Reaction score
I went into a shop the other day to try out the new 37PF9830 LCD TV from Philips. It is claimed to support 1366 x 768 resolution on their website:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=E0B31WGKUBAQDJ0RMRESHP3HKFSEKI5P

When I tried connecting my PC via DVI to the screen 1024 x 768 worked fine and anything more the screen went black! I looked through the manual to try and work the problem out and there it states that the highest resolution connected via PC is 1024 x 768!!!!

I asked the manager of the shop to contact Philips to find out what is going on? Philips reported back that they have "made a mistake". (however the web site is still the same!)

Has anyone else experienced the same problems??

Did you try the 32" version? Since the 37" is 1920 x 1080 native resolution, maybe the 1366 x 768 is not available on this model...

Mine is connected to my PC at 1920x1080

djmuk100 said:
Philips reported back that they have "made a mistake". (however the web site is still the same!)

This sounds like Philips so is probably correct :rolleyes: ...why not send them an e-mail for a response.

If It's the same as the Cheaper 37" version and it Goes Blank(out of range) on PC input, Switch to HD between the 2 You can Throw almost anything at it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom