Philips 9664 vs Philips 9704

j.channon

Has anyone got any links to reviews of these 2 compared against each other or does anyone have any experience comparing the 2?

Tech Man

Has anyone got any links to reviews of these 2 compared against each other or does anyone have any experience comparing the 2?

No but you can look at the specs to get a good idea of the differences.

Remember the processing is exactly the same.

The 9704 has the extra ambilight and LED Pro.

So in terms of picture they'll be a massive contrast boost (due to panel and local dimming) with the 9704.

The 9704 by default produces a slightly pinker picture but nothing that can't be fixed with the custom tint.

Everything else is the same.

j.channon

Thanks.

I was looking at the two trying to decide which one to get. I was in favour of the 9704 because of the LED local dimming but then read reports that LED is in its infancy and I'd be better off with the 9664.

Also you can't seem to get your hands on 9704 at the moment or even see one in action.

Whatever you read there is always contradictions I guess.

jimsan

either tv is awesome just is the extra pretty lighst on top worth the extra money ?:)
It's not just the pretty lights (Spectra 3 Ambilight - brilliant) it's the astonishing BLACK BLACKS!

Most definitely worth it! (If you can track one down)

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom