Philips 962SA vs 963SA

Matt F

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been comparing the 962SA and 963SA. It looks to me as though the 963SA has better bass management as in you can set a crossover point of 80Hz (or 100Hz or 120Hz) whereas the 962SA is limited to 120Hz which, IMO, is a bit on the high side.

Matt.

Hi Matt,
Where did you find your info on the 963sa? Just wondering if you have seen anything that I haven't. The info I have seen is from the Philips support/documentation site. I have seen the UK user manual and the Euroean Spec sheet, both of which indicate that the Faroudja de-interlacing chip is still present in the Euro 963. This was not present in the Euro version of the 962sa.
I found a store in the UK that is supposed to have the 963sa arriving in the next 2 weeks. I'm trying to convince them to try the 962sa PAL-P hack and multiregion hack to see if they work on the 963sa. If it works, then I'll buy one.
Cheers,
WSquared

Take the plunge and buy the 962 from HK, its been 3 weeks now, no problems, Pal prog scan, multiregion, fantastic picture quality etc etc. Just buy it now, there is still 2/3 weeks to wait at least for the 963.

When I started looking for the 962 in the UK, no one had one of these in stock anyway.

I should point out that the Philips players come with an international Warranty, so no matter where you buy it, you are covered.

In the long term you will probably save yourself about 150 quid, but you could be enjoying the 962 now.

Whats the best url to goto to buy the 962 with pal progressive ??

Cheers
Bry

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom