1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 9625a needs replacing -what do I go for?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Len, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been very happy with my system for about three years now... So much so that I'm kind of out of the loop. I have a Panny TH 42PW4 plasma connected via component to the 9625a [The cable length is about 10m] and this is inturn connected to a Pioneer VSA -AX10i. It's all in a dedicated room and the system is only used for movies and occasionally x-box. Therefore all the equipment has only had light usage. [On average maybe once a week.]

The DVD player has recently started to freeze up. It was amongst the first multi-region players to offer Pal and NTSC Prog Scan and the PQ is / was excellent.

I'm ruling out HDMI and DVI at present as My Panny is still pretty impressive and I don't think I can get a new board for the panny that offers either of those two inputs. Therefore HDMI / DVI is something I will wait for until I upgrade my plasma. So the primary concern is for an excellent PQ with component giving Pal and NTSC Prog Scan. The philips originally cost around £500 - Any suggestion would be appreciated - Budget £150 - £500

2. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump - :lease:

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: