philips 9617 - quick review

A

arifn1

Got a 28 inch 9617 from Hi Fi Confidential in Victoria London - see their ads in What tv and video mag - £979 inc stand. They delivered next day.
Verdict - after delaying buying a widescreen for nearly a year waiting for the right set - it's arrived and I feel smug... I can honestly say the picture is unlike anything I have ever seen. I work in TV and the picture is as good as that which I see on broadcast avids. Hooked up with my low end pioneer dvd 444 you can jump into the screen there is so much detail... Sound is strong - dolby digital clarity excellent. Minor problems - some artifacting on fast moving scenes where strong blacks move across white stripes (ie venetian blinds) and a tiny bit of curvature (geometry) top right. All very minor but I mention them so you don't think this is a pure plug. If you are in London go along to HiFi Confidentail and see the set next to a £1500 Tosh running dvd, and off air, and you'll be convinced...

I to got my 9616c from Hifi Confi last june for 1310 delivered Next day. Good service and no problems since I got it. I get an amazing picture with my Denon 2800.
Also I have read that some 9616c have with a Pana tube and not a Philips Cybertube. Got a bit worried when i read that but checked and does have a Cybertube.
I think that I will be up grading to a 36 9607 in the summer it's going to be a amazing :)

I to got my 9616c from Hifi Confi last june for 1310 delivered. Good service and no problems since I got it. I get an amazing picture with my Denon 2800.
Also I have read that some 9616c have with a Pana tube and not a Philips Cybertube. Got a bit worried when i read that but checked and does have a Cybertube.
I think that I will be up gradeing to a 36 9607 in the summer :):)

Had a seach but could not find it, whats the best way to check for a cybertube?

Thanks

Had a look at the 32" model in john lewis and was very impressed.

Simon

Look down the vents and check for label.

In search, write "Philips 32PW9616 tubes" and read on about all the way to check it out if it is Philips or Panasonic tube.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom