Philips 9607

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jools60, Aug 12, 2002.

1. jools60

jools60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    Does anyone with a 36PW9607 have the following issue with regards to picture . Difficult to describe but I'll try.
    It is regarding viewing a program in super zoom which adjusts the picture so you can see the likes of the Sky news logo at the top plus the time at the bottom.
    Objects on the left of screen beit people or inanimate look large/squashed but if they move into centre of screen look normal.For example if there are 2 newsreaders on the Sky News and both are in picture then the one of the left looks abnormally bigger (and its nothing to do with putting on weight) Hope that kind of describes it.
    Thanks.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What you are sescribing is perfectly normal. SuperZoom, similar to Panasonic's "JustMode" is a way of stretching a 4:3 picture to fil the screen whilst minimising the distortion. It does this by only stretching the sides of the picture, so that at least the centre portion appears normal. In 16:9 mode the whole picture will be distorted and stretched by the same amount to fill the screen. Personally I don't see why you don't watch 4:3 broadcasts as intended... in 4:3! ;)

3. jools60

jools60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree I should watch it in 4:3.If I change viewing mode to 16:9 subtitles the picture looks normal and therefore objects/people at side of screen do not look stretched.Although it does take away the tops and bottom of the picture.
    Anyway RCT thanks for the explanation.