1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHILIPS 9607 or 9527

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SAINT, May 22, 2002.

1. SAINT

SAINT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Please someone help me!!!!!!!!!:confused: I've been scouring the earth for the ultimate 36" TV and have finally narrowed it down to philips because of pixel plus (with help from the amazing forum)!!

But still not sure which model to go for and am considering the 9607 or the 9527. I thought id wait for the 9527 with HD cybertube but have heard that it has Dolby pro logic and not Dolby 5.1 can anyone confirm this???? also i would like to buy the Toshiba SD 220E !!! is this a good setup ?????? am new to this and would greatly appreciate any help!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanx

The Saint................

2. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also considering the 9607 and can only suggest you have a demo and see if you are happy with the tv. There is always going to be a new model coming out, so if you like it, I would just go for it!

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. arifn1

arifn1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Philips have a new catalogue out with full details on all the new P+ teles - ring their customer support and they will get you a copy in a few days. (I don't have a number here so try directory enquiries...)

5. SAINT

SAINT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for the advice, went to comet , had a demo of the 9607 amazing picture!!!!!!!:D , as im gona be parting with hard earned cash, still trying to decide wether to wait or not?

Is the 9527 definately going to have hd cybertube ? and is dolby pro logic 5hite compared to dolby 5.1?? im not going to buy a separate amp or anything but just the Tv dvd set up! am i better off with the 9607 ?

sorry for the endless questions...one more i promise ...... which ones better tosh 220e ( read abt the probs ) or the pioneer 444

Cheers ...........

The Saint..

6. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    In a word yes!! If you aren't going to buy a separate amp etc then stick to the tv with built in dolby digital. The 9527 should have a Cybertube but hey it's anyone's guess if Philips will follow through! I'm actually in pretty much the same dilemma as you... I'm considering a 32PW9617.:D