1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 9527c

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bob mushroom, Jan 26, 2003.

1. bob mushroom

bob mushroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    just read with interest the sticky on the vertical lines. though I am still thinking "mine will be alright" just wondering any other known probs?

also on a side note- may purchase through online retailer Robertsons online has anyone got any experiences _ I just wonder in case i am not one of the lucky few and do have a problem.

Cheers

2. bob mushroom

bob mushroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    just read sticky

WOW don't think you need to answer 1st question maybe a Sony then!!!??

Anyone dealt with Robertsons online?

3. karl.g

karl.g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes, I dealt with Robertsons on a series of 4 Tosh 32" picture frame TVs. 2 had audio problems and 2 had major geometry problems (no adjustment for tilt on this model). I know this was not their fault as the tvs were delivered directly from the factory. However, they are probably the same as a lot of other dealers. Very helpful when taking your money, but almost impossible to get a refund from when you can't get a satisfying set. Judging by this forum wide screen TVs are somewhat of a lottery. Most sets are good if they work well and it comes down to individual choice.

I ended up with a Philips 9527 pixel+ from Comet online and am very happy after giving it time to get the best settings. Just make sure you find any faults within 7 days and be prepared to get nasty and persistent to get a response from a dealer.

4. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bought online the Philips 9527 from C*met absolute joke trying to get them to swap the set under 7 day rule in the end I just got my money refunded and bought a Sony 32fx66 from premierav centre..........Basic problems with the 9527 IMO were the constant shimmering effects and 'tracer' imaging that was left on fast action scenes and the picture on sport.... in particular football was unbelievable the players shirts looked like oversized woolen sweaters and the ball looked like a white pool of fuzz the only decentish picture I could get for footie was on double lines mode but this left my eyes feeling like they were popping out of my head I thoguht after painstaking spending hours with every conceivable setting on this set that it was a joke for £1100.

Oh yeah not forgetting that it used to switch itself off for no reason and................THE BLACK BARS!!!!!!

Seriously have a good look at the Sony it's a really good all round set mine cost £930 inc del so it was £170 cheaper than the Philips and 170 times better;)

5. karl.g

karl.g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As soon as you complain to any dealer their attitude will change imo. With the 9527 both my friend and I were concerned for the first 2-3 weeks with our sets. However, it does take a lot of work on the settings which will give excellent results if you have the patience. No black bars for either of us.