1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 9527 flickering screen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by danlo, Aug 19, 2002.

1. danlo

danlo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

As of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a shiny new 32" 9527.

On the whole I am quite impressed with the Pixel+ technology, a few artefacts but I'll live with them.

What really is starting to annoy me are two slightly dark patches at the bottom of the screen. One is about 3 inches in from the left and about 4 inches long by 2 inches high. The other is about 8 inches in from the right and is about 2 inches by 1 inch. These patches only show up on a constant colour background (mostly the orange sky background). The patches themselves don't bother me that much but that they both flicker quite badly - very distracting.

At first I thought it might be 50Hz hum from the power supplies of the equipment underneath (which I've got stacked almost to the top) but I moved the equipment away but the flickering still remained !!!

The interesting thing is that when I switch the set from Pixel+ to 100Hz mode both the patches and flickering disappear!!!!

This is the 3rd set I've had in a year first Sony KV32FX65 then Tosh 32ZP18Q and now the Philips. I'm really starting to get very tired phoning the shop to complain about faulty equipment, I'm also sure that the shop are sick and tired of hearing my voice.

Anybody seen this problem on the 9527 set? Is this just a side effect of Pixel+ or do I have another duffer?

Before anybody blames this on a Panny tube, this set has a Philips cybertube.

Thank for any comments anybody has on this matter.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry danlo, but it looks like you have one with a problem. What you describe certainly isn't characteristic. Get it swapped ASAP.