1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 9509 went back 4 repair

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by vivaatloni, Aug 10, 2004.

1. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok this morning philips picked up my 32pw9509 for repair. I stated the following things:
    - my clock is always running 5 to 30 minutes behind the clock of videotext
    - My tube is put in wrong (not horizontal)
    - My geometry is not good
    - The amounts of red, green and blue are not good
    - And last but not least, I have vertical bars with soccer matches. I hate that, so I gave them the cure from philips from this forum.

I post the results.

2. sian

sian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi vivaatloni. Do you have your TV back from repair? If yes, do you have set without vertical bars? On my new 32PW9509 i have this vertical bars too :(

3. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No I still don't have it back. I expect it this week. It takes a long time!

4. htos

htos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Vivaatloni, i semm to have the same problem with the vertical bars too. I live in Greece and i bought the 9509 1,5 month ago. At the begining everything was fine , but now the past 10 days i noticed that vertical lines which are quite annoying and they appear also during dvd playback as well as hwen watching football matches. When you have any news from your's could you please e-mail me about what they have told you?
    My e-mail is htossoun@panafonet.gr
    Thanks

5. collingmr

collingmr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys. I took delivery of a Philips 32PW9509 yesterday (jeez it weighed a ton.. I'm still recovering ;) ).. so far I'm pretty impressed. The compass menu system isn't bad (a little slow at navigation when it animates the movements of everything).. however having a shortcut on the remote to switch PixelPlus2/MovieMode/100Hz would be useful. Is there an easier way other than going through the menu button?

On freeview the PixelPlus2 processing looks good. However on DVD's it looked as though the film was sped up slightly.. is this a common problem? In the end I switched the picture mode to 100Hz which cured the problem.

So far I haven't noticed any vertical bars.. or are they quite subtle? I.e. is it quite obvious, or do you kind of see a wide-ish slightly darker vertical band on panning some shots? If so I might have seen that once or twice, but I didn't spot it on the DVD I watched. I'm hoping that everything is okay, mainly because I'd rather not have to return this heavy-weight (but gorgeous-looking) beast!

Cheers,

Matt.

6. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got back my set from repair for more then 6 weeks:
    The only thing that is fixed is the clock!

The rest isn't fixed:
    *The tube is normal (I can correct it in the configuration menu, but I did know that and I wanted it to be corrected)
    *After testing they didn't notice the three vertical bands....pffff getting tired
    *According to them the geometry was good...ugh..ugh

The good news: I read on a dutch site that a calibration of the tv does reduce the vertical bands with 80 to 95 %. The vertical bands are there because of the wrong amount of red. green and blue! The bad thing is that calibrating my set costs around 120 euro...pffff

7. collingmr

collingmr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a weekend of use I haven't spotted anything that would make me want to send it back. Despite P+2 halos on movement, the picture is still gorgeous and the design is pretty decent.. fingers crossed it doesn't develop any problems!

If you're interested there are some pics of my setup on this thread:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150270

8. sian

sian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello vivaatloni. Have you find some solution for this vertical bars? What about that calibration? :rolleyes:

9. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. starsky72

starsky72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on my third TV from Comets now - all have "developed" two vertical dark bands on the left hand side of the screem...

I am now onto Comet to change this TV for a different brand altogether - sick of the problems - but now Comet are trying to say that its a "feature" of this phillips TV (32PW9528) and not an actual fault.

I have a manager calling me back tomorrow morning for an interesting conversation - I just hope they sort it out for me as the bands are quite an issue for me

(I also experience the "dirty screen" scenario when panning left and right)

Cheers

Stu

11. collingmr

collingmr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are 2 verical bands on my TV now.. I'd kind of put them down to interference rather than the actual TV itself. One is in a couple of inches from the left and is around 2in thick, the other is 4 inches from the right and the same width.

They're only really visible on v.dark screens, e.g. when the Xbox is loading something, or on a particular dark scene in a movie.

Does this sound like what you're seeing as well?

Let us know how you get on,

Matt.

12. starsky72

starsky72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no - mine is viewable on light screens - the bands are a light grey colour - so a lot of the time the bands are not visible..

anyway - the retailer has agreed to exchange it on the understanding that I choose a different brand....

so now I am on the lookout for the best 32inch widescreen there is :)

13. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I thoroughly recommend the Toshiba 32ZP48. Regards, yt.