1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[philips 9509] Poll: Vertical bands

Discussion in 'TVs' started by vivaatloni, Nov 29, 2004.

?
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. I am not sure

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    During soccer & tennis matches I see a vertical milky band almost in the middle of the screen. I also have a dirty screen. The line and the dirt is only visible with movement. I have several technicians looking at the problem and they cannot solve it.

Do any other Philips 28/32 PW9509 owners have the same problem? Can you fill the poll?

2. Goggleyes

Goggleyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Exactly the same problem as me. Very annoying. This must be the world's first stills only TV. Still pictures really are excellent, if that's any consolation.

3. Goggleyes

Goggleyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, turning off the comp-filter doesn't work. Recently they installed ferrite rings, but that didn't help either.

[goggleyes] Can you vote?

5. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :( You have just put me off any phillips tvs, i had 2 Toshiba tvs, one crt and one rear projection, and BOTH had the exact same vertical band in the middle of the screen. Its nothing short of a disgrace and i wasn't willing to put up with it so i returned them both. Still looking for a decent tv but have rested abit as the projector i have at the minute is amazing and it has no digital noise (feature of most fancy tvs) and no vertical band, thank god.
    Something has to be done about this feature on alot of tvs, any old tv i have seen in my life has not had this problem but new tvs seem to be suffering from this problem, what gives?! I want to know as it has caused me alot of problems and i had to return some otherwise fantastic Tvs. For the record i have not noticed it on any sony tvs, only toshiba but then i had to return the Sony tv i got for other reasons. Its a never ending roundabout.
    Looking at the Phillips 28pw6006 just before i stumbled onto this thread. Thanks, you have saved me the bother of having to buy this tv and returning it :thumbsup:

6. michaelspaterso

michaelspaterso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem with my 32" 9509. After trying to get the shop to change it they told me Philips appointed engineers neede to look at it. After a month they said they could not find a fix. Philips have requested a second set of engineers take away the TV (was uplifted today and was told it could take up to a week) for a second opinion. I had asked the shop for a refund but they refused until Philips told them the results of the investigation

7. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there Michael. I hope they find a fix. Will you let us know!

8. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey two people don't have the stripes. Can they react?

9. michaelspaterso

michaelspaterso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, just had a call from the second (Philips gold certified) engineers and they say that the machine is working within the manufacturers specification. They said that the dirtiness was just a problem with 100 hz machines. The could not see the vertical bar. I now have to take time off work to go to the engineers workshop (35 miles away) to try to show them the problem.

I don't think that they will budge. The shop has stated that if the manufacturers say that there is no error then they will do nothing to help me.

10. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    michaelspaterso:
    Philips becomes very anoying. Try taken a dvd with you that contains soccer material. For sure this is not something that all 100hz matchline have.

Show them the topic that was mentioned in the begin of this topic. The one that contains the solution.

You must not take NO for an anwser. They are trying to become rid of you.

11. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, today Philips is gonna replace my 9509 with a brand new 9509. This one is suppose to have no white bar in the centre and no dirty screen. I post tonight if this is true....for some strange reason I think it has the same faults ;)

12. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Good luck. The engineer who came out to my TV said that these were normal and within manufacturers specifications. Needless to say I rejected the TV and got a full refund! Interesting that Philips are now saying there is a fault.

Wackojacko32

13. vivaatloni

vivaatloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, got my brand new set. It looks good! I looked at it for a couple of hours now. Played a movie and watched a soccer match. The soccer match still produces the white line in the center, but very very faque (I know that all the 9509 have the line, cause I looked at 6 sets, but the one has it more than the other). It is much better now and I am content withe the new set.

I am curious how it will look after a couple of weeks of playing.

14. Alexis7*

Alexis7*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    some news about the problem of vertical bands ? I'm affected on my 9520 too !

15. Alexis7*

Alexis7*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nothing to add ?

16. Alexis7*

Alexis7*

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: