Philips 936 (65OLED+936) OLED TV Review & Comments

Manner2010

It is very annoying. It find it tends to occur on non HD television. Does anyone have a solution for this please ? Are the Philips Tech people still on patrol on the 936 forum please ?
you can turn it off in the menu! It's called film detection.

Read instructions)

Clock'd 0ne

@Trurotantrum the settings for the TV are remembered on a per source basis (which includes whether a source is displaying HDR10, Dolby Vision, etc), so if you are frequently changing sources it may appear as though it forgets your settings but you are probably configuring the settings for a new source.

This is one aspect of these Philips TVs that most people don't appreciate or realise is happening and it can be frustrating, but I spent an hour or so feeding all the sources through my TV and adjusting the settings and now I never have to do it again.

Trurotantrum

Novice Member
Many thanks for your above replies. The selection of film detection to "from content" rather than "AI detection" seems to have done the trick.

Miron

simple question: when you stream the music over the soundbar, what happens with the screen? goes into some sort of standby, displays screensaver or stays fully on?

Viruslav

And I have a question about the soundbar: What happens to the up-firing speakers when you play something which does not contain an Atmos track? Is it different in different modes - AI, music, film, etc.?

AdtAdt57

simple question: when you stream the music over the soundbar, what happens with the screen? goes into some sort of standby, displays screensaver or stays fully on?
Additional to @Viruslav ’s comments above, with default settings the screen will dim for any static area and the screen saver will kick in if nothing changes. Plus, you can turn the screen off until you hit a button on the remote.

Viruslav

Another sound question: Is there a way to play the Atmos track from files containing "Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos" on 936? It seems that I can get Atmos only from "E-AC3 with Dolby Atmos" files. I use only apps on the TV (and play audio only through the TV soundbar) and mainly use Just (Video) Player because it correctly forces Dolby Vision and contains many audio decoders. But I always check with VLC, Kodi and the built-in player as well.
Also is there any software which would allow me to reencode Dolby TrueHD to E-AC3 preserving the Atmos track?
Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom