1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 9000S DCDI not working! (with request)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pipi, Sep 25, 2005.

1. pipi

pipi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Philips 9000S now for 4 weeks, but the DCDI chip is not working trough component, this is very strange. I changed the player already in the shop, and that player had the same problem on some tv's and projectors. (not on all the salesman said) I use a beamer ofcourse, and when component video is used the internal deintelacer is set OFF automaticly so the Philips DCDI could do the job. But it doest, When I set DCDI in the menu to ON its the same picture as OFF! (jiggers and jaggers in my screen an old dvd player did a better job!) Now Philips is working to solve this problem, I have contact thru mail and by phone. I also said to them that the compartibility by dvd+r is not very good, and thats it has little problems with burned cd's. So hopefully they will make a firmware update to solve these problems. Could you people check when you use component or HDMI/ DVI if there is any difference in picture quility when you set DCDI on or off. (less jiggers and jaggers in the screen) and set it on this forum?

2. lunken

lunken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I cant really say that I have tried the DCDi. But the thing with your DVD-+R having problem reading them. Change the media and upgrade ur burner to a newer one if neccesary. Verbatim media is exelent! I dun have any problem with DVD-R or DVD+R. I use Nec 3520 for burning.

Shall check the DCDi when time comes ;)