philips 880 what am I doing wrong

Sarge

Established Member
Reaction score
Really impressed with my 880 but I'm having trouble recording using the timer. Set the time for a program and it records no problems, however when I put two programs into the timer, the second overwrites the first.

any ideas?

First thing is, are you sure it's being overwritten?

You set the event in the 'Timer Programming' entry, but you display the list of events using the 'Timer List' entry.

That's pretty much it really.

yep timer list was ok

i taped coro and eastenders for the wife on friday but when we came back only eastenders was on the dvd - just wanted to check you didn't need to tell it to record after (safe record) or anything daft

Do these programme's broadcast times follow each other? You might need to allow a minute or two between each recording? I'll try it and see.

yep allowed a minute - I'll try again but if you could as well I;d appreciate it

thanks Matt

things havegot really strange now - put a dvdrw in last night with 30mins recorded onto - then set it to record today while i was out. Came back looked at the contents and it was blank!

so quickly set test program to tape and it came on and right time but when I checked the disk it said it was blank.

just manually recorded something and it was fine?! I timer recorded the other week no problems - anyone seen this or have any clues?

thanks Matt

Perhaps there is something in this. How is your recorder setup for TV? Have you tuned the recorders tuner or are you recording via scart from the TV?

Over xmas my 880 has failed to record after I set the timer.
It worked ok for the first couple of times then it just doesn't record after I have set the timer and put it into standby mode.
After setting the timer over and over again and it failing to record I ended up pulling the power cable out, starting it up again and then setting the timer, putting on standby and it worked again!
It also stoped me seeing sky which normally works ok and could be viewed through ext2. As soon as I rebooted the system, sky reappeared!
Also I set the recorder to record 1.5hrs via the record button ie pressed 3 times & the count down showed 1.5hrs. Come back to watch the programme, only 1hr had been recorded.
I have phoned the philips helpline, they said it might be a faultly unit, sent it back to the retailer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom